Your Survival List
Taking a theme park day in the Florida summer heat can quickly go wrong. However, if you follow this thorough list we’ve put together, you’re sure to have a safe, fun day with friends and family.
- Backpack– With all that you’ll need to stay safe and happy during your time at the parks, you need a sturdy (preferably water-proof) bag to keep all of it in.
- Water- In the Florida heat, you’ll want to make sure you stay hydrated. Although most of the parks you’ll go to will sell water bottles, it’s best to save your money by bringing your own. Plus you can spend it on something special like ice cream!
- Snacks- When you’re in a rush to get to the next show or ride, you can’t let something like hunger make you late. That’s why you should stock your backpack full of snacks that are easy to eat on the go. Things like granola bars and trail mixes work well, and they’ll give you enough energy to run to your next event.
- Sunscreen- Even if it’s a cloudy day, the UVB rays in Florida can be dangerous. You’ll want to make sure you bring enough sunscreen for the whole family to reapply multiple times throughout the day. Failing to do so could result in some painful burns.
- Proper clothing- If you know you’ll be park hopping, wear loose clothing to stay cool. Wearing shoes you know you can comfortably walk around in is just as important; you wouldn’t want to slow your day down with painful blisters.
- Small cooler- With the summer heat and the possibility of a lack of shade, you’ll be grateful for a small cooler. Cold water, or even some ice cubes, can turn a blistering hot day into a warm, enjoyable one.
- Water fan- If you can’t fit a small cooler or lunch box into your backpack, consider a water fan. Not only with you get some cold air, you’ll get a gentle mist as well. It’s important to stay cool however you can in the summer, as overheating can be a big problem and may put your entire day at risk.
- Change of clothes- If you’re planning on getting on any water rides, you’ll need a change of clothes. It’s never fun to walk around the park in soaking wet clothes. If you can’t bring an entire change of clothes, at least bring a change of socks, and wear a bathing suit to the park.
- Clean sandwich bags- Again, these are helpful if you’re going on a water ride. Put your most valuable items like your camera, phone, or sunglasses in an airtight sandwich bag to keep it safe from water damage.
- Poncho/umbrella- Everyone knows how unpredictable Florida weather can be. It may be hot and sunny one second and storming the next. To stay safe and dry, you’ll want to bring either an umbrella or a poncho. If you forget to bring protection from the rain, you may have to use your change of clothes early!
Stay with Us
One thing any family needs to enjoy their summer vacation in the parks is a comfortable place to stay. When you stay with us at the Rosen Inn, you’re just minutes away from all the Orlando attractions. And with amenities like free Wi-Fi, an arcade, pool, gym, and shuttle services, you can experience a luxury stay without breaking the bank. To learn more, or check availability for your vacation, call us today at 407-996-1600.