To help relieve achy muscles, feel energized, and get a mini workout in, try the following yoga poses. The best part is that you don’t need any fitness equipment. This means you can practice these moves wherever you have space in your hotel room. We suggest using a towel on the floor in place of a yoga mat.
- Pigeon Pose – Practicing the pigeon pose lets you stretch your outer hips (where the area tends to get tight) and also helps to protect your knees.
- Warrior ll Pose – This pose allows you to open your inner thighs, strengthen your quads and calves, and improve ankle and core stability.
- Chair Pose – Get your blood flowing by strengthening your shins, legs, glutes, core, and arms.
- Half Dog Pose – Relieve lower back pain by opening your chest, shoulders, back, and hamstrings.
- Tree Pose – Stretch and strengthen the back and side of your leg and core while improving balance by opening your hips, engaging your core, improving ankle stability, and foot arch strength.
Try it: Plant one foot firmly on the floor while bringing the bottom of the other foot to the inside of the standing leg, at either your calf or upper thigh. For support, keep a wall within reach to help you balance. Hold for ten breaths, switch legs, and repeat.
Using focused, intentional movement and breath while practicing yoga helps increase your oxygen intake, soothe your mind, decrease muscle tension, and ease your nervous system.
Enjoy simple hotel fitness by doing yoga poses like these and more without ever leaving your hotel room. When staying with us at the Rosen Inn International, you can rest assured you’ll be in a space that’ll allow you to clear your mind and relax your body. To book your stay, call us today at 407-996-1600.