Mother’s day is around the corner and there really is no better time to make your way out to Orlando. This year, you have a variety of amazing treats for Mom, from new attractions to delicious Mother’s Day brunches. Read on for a quick rundown of our top picks for Mother’s Day.
First make sure you treat Mom to a great meal. Our sister properties, Rosen Shingle Creek, Rosen Centre, and Rosen Plaza all have amazing brunch menus planned exclusively with Mom in mind. Visit us at http://www.rosenhotels.com/our-hotels/ for more information about dining reservations.
Afterwards, Mom has her pick of brand new attractions at Universal Orlando Resort™, including Race Through New York Starring Jimmy Fallon at Universal Studios Florida™, or Universal’s Volcano Bay (opening May 25). Mom may also want to revisit some fan favorites like the Wizarding World of Harry Potter which spreads from Hogsmead at Universal’s Islands of Adventure™ to Diagon Alley at Universal Studios™. Maybe she’ll want to brave Skull Island: Reign of Kong at Islands of Adventure™!
It wouldn’t be a full list if we didn’t mention that International Drive is home to outlet malls, movie theaters, dinner shows, and various other attractions to suit the interests of any mom. Not to forget, it’s home to Rosen Inn International—the perfect place for Mom to take a well-deserved break.
Whatever you choose, don’t forget to let Mom know how much you love and appreciate her.
Happy Mother’s Day!
We’d love to see your Mother’s Day in Orlando adventures so make sure to stop by our Facebook page to share some of your favorite moments with Mom. Find us at https://www.facebook.com/roseninninternational/
With Father’s Day around the corner, we’ve been thinking about fun activities Dad would love, yet there are so many choices. What can we say? Dad’s Day in Orlando is really exciting, so who better to explain what to do than from the best source possible—my main man—Dad. Here’s a quick rundown of my father’s top three picks on International Drive.
1. For the active father, try iFLY Orlando. This amazing indoor skydiving experience lets you enjoy the thrill of free-falling in a wind tunnel. No parachute, plane, or skydiving experience needed.
2. For the chill father looking to stay cool and enjoy the summer sun, try Aquatica SeaWorld’s Waterpark. With more than 12 water rides and slides, Dad can dip, dive, float, or slide alongside dolphins. Soaking up the sun has never been so much fun.
3. For the detective father who enjoys a mental challenge, try America’s Escape Game. Choose one of five uniquely-themed rooms from which you have to escape—in an hour—using clues, puzzles, deductive reasoning, and team skills. Let Dad be the hero as he uncovers mysteries, hidden treasures, and saves the world from crisis!
There are dozens of more activities: midway rides, side-show attractions, dinner shows, and mini golf to name a few. If you and Dad still can’t make up your minds, ask the Guest Service Desk for an opinion. We’ll be happy to help.
Have an AMAZING Father’s Day!
Worried you might not be able to bring your best friend with you on your Orlando adventure? Well, fret no longer! We at Rosen Inn International love and welcome dogs with their well-behaved owners. To help you and your furry loved one have a great vacation, we want to share a few choice spots here in Orlando we think you and your dog will love.
– Dr. Phillips Dog Park: A gorgeous dog park fenced yet with plenty of room for dogs to roam. Let your friend run free off-leash in the play area while your friends cook up some delicious barbeque at the gazeebo nearby, or just take in the awe-inspiring sights of Big Sand Lake.
– Lake Eola Park: While it’s not explicitly a dog park, Lake Eola Park definitely welcomes dogs on leashes including many businesses surrounding the park. From these pet-friendly restaurants, the iconic vistas of downtown Orlando seen from this park, to an almost mile-long walking trail around the lake, you and your four-legged friend are sure to find something to love.
– Barber Dog Park: Here’s a dog park that stands out. It’s the only park in the area with an agility training obstacle course. Visit to mentally and physically challenge your dog’s skill level and knowledge of commands. The basic agility obstacles are easy enough for dogs of all skill levels. The park also provides ample space for dogs to simply run around and live the good dog life in this fenced-in off-leash park.
Please be sure your dog is current on all shots and vaccinations before visiting any dog park or public place. There is a small chance a park ranger may ask to see the dog’s vaccine records, so travel with these important papers. Even at the hotel, we may ask to see these records to ensure your dog and our guests’ safety.
One of the most common (and broken) resolution for the New Year is to exercise. Sometimes it’s hard to fit exercise into your daily routine, especially when you’re on vacation. But did you know that you can sneak in exercise everyday by doing things such as taking the stairs rather than the elevator, parking further away from the stores, or speed walk during your errands? A little bit goes a long way.
We understand that while you’re on vacation, exercising might be the last thing on your mind. Even with our wonderfully well-equipped fitness center on site, you’re probably looking to spend some time out and about. That’s okay. You’re going to get a great workout. Here’s why…
There are so many attractions on International Drive—all of which are easily accessible by just walking. There are about three miles worth of restaurants, shops, and attractions for you to explore during your stay. Even if you take the IRide Trolley part of the way, you’ll still get a good work out.
A day spent at a theme park also amounts to great exercise. On average, expect to get in 5 to 10 miles of walking at any theme park. Squeeze in more exercise while waiting in line or watching parades or street shows doing calf raises or stretches. If you’re a thrill seeker, you might be happy to know that roller-coasters actually help you burn calories. Our favorite rides may help tone the body as our muscles contract to grip the handrail, heart rates spike, and as we react to the twist and turns by contracting major muscle groups.
Now you know how to turn a vacation into a fit-cation, so enjoy a guilt-free vacation knowing you’re probably getting the best workout possible.
Everyone loves a great view from their hotel room. In fact, our guests’ most frequent type of request is for a guestroom with a view. A lot of guests who stay with us again and again already know which views they favor. However, for those who haven’t been to our hotel it might be a bit more difficult to know which guestroom and view is best for them. (They’re all great, by the way. Some just offer different perks than others.) The easiest request is to ask for a high floor with a pool view, but there are more choices at our hotel.
Rosen Inn International has two swimming pools surrounded by guestrooms offering great views. If you want a quieter, more tranquil view, we also have guestrooms overlooking the courtyard fountain and central lawn. Like I said earlier, all of our guestrooms are great. Our grounds are rich with lush greenery, which you can enjoy from any guestroom. Beautiful trees and flowers bring life to our hotel and provide a calm and welcoming change of scenery from theme parks and the hustle on International Drive.
If you have an idea of what type of view you’d like, plan ahead and send us your preferences. Our staff is happy to take them into consideration when assigning guestrooms.