Live music performances return to the Dr. Phillips Performing Arts Center– on the front yard! The verdant mall surrounded by high-rise buildings and city hall provides a stunning backdrop for a gorgeous night of quality outdoor entertainment. Performing artists who have or will soon grace the lawn during the Frontyard Festival include El Gran Combo de Puerto Rico, Wynton Marsalis, Step Afrika!, Big Bad Voodoo Daddy, and Smith & Myers.
Dr. Phillips felt the time was right to reinvigorate the community and provide support for the entertainment industry in a safe manner that keeps its patrons and artists safe. From December 2020 to May 2021, you and your family or party of five can reserve a socially distant box from which to watch live music, dance, comedy, films, and unique cultural experiences. Food and drinks from your favorite local restaurants will be available for purchase.
Everyone you meet can teach you something, and with more than several hundred people employed at Rosen Inn International I’ve learned a few important things.
- Work doesn’t have to feel like work, which is why vacationing at our hotel is unique. Our workplace and coworkers make being at work feel like home away from home.
- Harris Rosen provides his employees with programs and incentives to stay active, making it fun and easy to stay fit, athletic, and healthy. When you see staff around the hotel, know that our general wellbeing helps us keep positive attitudes at work, which we share with you.
- Pizza can be healthy! (This lesson just might be our favorite.) Rosen’s Perfect Pizza, a low-fat and low-sodium pizza made with a honey whole wheat crust and zero grams of trans fat, makes your favorite food a not-so-guilty pleasure. Order one for you and your friends.
- Providing great customer service leads to happier guests and a happier workplace. Our outstanding service is what keeps guests coming back year after year and what keeps us at our jobs longer than at any other hotel. Our turnover rate is an unprecedented 12% while other major hotel chains have turnover rates close to 65%. We care about our guests and our jobs, and we want you to experience this during your stay.
- Diversity provides a great learning environment in the work place. Rosen employs people from all over the world, which allows everyone to learn different languages and about foreign countries and cultures.
Working with Rosen Inn International has taught me so much about the importance of overall wellness and how contagious it can be. Our employees are able to work in an uplifting atmosphere that encourages them to strive to make each guests’ stay unique and memorable.
One of the most common (and broken) resolution for the New Year is to exercise. Sometimes it’s hard to fit exercise into your daily routine, especially when you’re on vacation. But did you know that you can sneak in exercise everyday by doing things such as taking the stairs rather than the elevator, parking further away from the stores, or speed walk during your errands? A little bit goes a long way.
We understand that while you’re on vacation, exercising might be the last thing on your mind. Even with our wonderfully well-equipped fitness center on site, you’re probably looking to spend some time out and about. That’s okay. You’re going to get a great workout. Here’s why…
There are so many attractions on International Drive—all of which are easily accessible by just walking. There are about three miles worth of restaurants, shops, and attractions for you to explore during your stay. Even if you take the IRide Trolley part of the way, you’ll still get a good work out.
A day spent at a theme park also amounts to great exercise. On average, expect to get in 5 to 10 miles of walking at any theme park. Squeeze in more exercise while waiting in line or watching parades or street shows doing calf raises or stretches. If you’re a thrill seeker, you might be happy to know that roller-coasters actually help you burn calories. Our favorite rides may help tone the body as our muscles contract to grip the handrail, heart rates spike, and as we react to the twist and turns by contracting major muscle groups.
Now you know how to turn a vacation into a fit-cation, so enjoy a guilt-free vacation knowing you’re probably getting the best workout possible.