January is all about the new and improved, bringing many New Year’s resolutions, new beginnings, and fresh starts. This is the perfect time to make a list of places you have always wanted visit and things you have always wanted to do while on vacation. I bet there is still somewhere in Orlando you haven’t been or something you haven’t done, right? It’s a great idea to create a list for your next vacation and make those the first things you do. To get you started, take a look at these cool attractions in the Orlando area.
- Did you know we have our own natural springs in Central Florida? At Wekiwa Springs State Park there are fun activities for the whole family such as swimming, canoeing, and kayaking. If you love the outdoors, you’ll definitely want to add this to your list.
- Speaking of enjoying the great outdoors, why not take an airboat ride on Boggy Creek? You’ll feel like you’re flying as you speed along the Florida wetlands for an up close look at wildlife, including lots of alligators.
- If you really want to fly, visit Air Florida helicopter tours on I-Drive. There are a variety of routes that give you a bird’s eye view of the area, including theme parks, lakes, and even your hotel.
- Consider adding iFly to your list if you like adventure but want to stay indoors. Here all ages and skill levels have the chance to experience skydiving in an indoor wind tunnel.
There is lots more to do in Orlando but I hope these have given you an idea of fun activities to add to your New Year’s bucket list. What are you most looking forward to trying in 2018?
With Father’s Day around the corner, we’ve been thinking about fun activities Dad would love, yet there are so many choices. What can we say? Dad’s Day in Orlando is really exciting, so who better to explain what to do than from the best source possible—my main man—Dad. Here’s a quick rundown of my father’s top three picks on International Drive.
1. For the active father, try iFLY Orlando. This amazing indoor skydiving experience lets you enjoy the thrill of free-falling in a wind tunnel. No parachute, plane, or skydiving experience needed.
2. For the chill father looking to stay cool and enjoy the summer sun, try Aquatica SeaWorld’s Waterpark. With more than 12 water rides and slides, Dad can dip, dive, float, or slide alongside dolphins. Soaking up the sun has never been so much fun.
3. For the detective father who enjoys a mental challenge, try America’s Escape Game. Choose one of five uniquely-themed rooms from which you have to escape—in an hour—using clues, puzzles, deductive reasoning, and team skills. Let Dad be the hero as he uncovers mysteries, hidden treasures, and saves the world from crisis!
There are dozens of more activities: midway rides, side-show attractions, dinner shows, and mini golf to name a few. If you and Dad still can’t make up your minds, ask the Guest Service Desk for an opinion. We’ll be happy to help.
Have an AMAZING Father’s Day!
Worried you might not be able to bring your best friend with you on your Orlando adventure? Well, fret no longer! We at Rosen Inn International love and welcome dogs with their well-behaved owners. To help you and your furry loved one have a great vacation, we want to share a few choice spots here in Orlando we think you and your dog will love.
– Dr. Phillips Dog Park: A gorgeous dog park fenced yet with plenty of room for dogs to roam. Let your friend run free off-leash in the play area while your friends cook up some delicious barbeque at the gazeebo nearby, or just take in the awe-inspiring sights of Big Sand Lake.
– Lake Eola Park: While it’s not explicitly a dog park, Lake Eola Park definitely welcomes dogs on leashes including many businesses surrounding the park. From these pet-friendly restaurants, the iconic vistas of downtown Orlando seen from this park, to an almost mile-long walking trail around the lake, you and your four-legged friend are sure to find something to love.
– Barber Dog Park: Here’s a dog park that stands out. It’s the only park in the area with an agility training obstacle course. Visit to mentally and physically challenge your dog’s skill level and knowledge of commands. The basic agility obstacles are easy enough for dogs of all skill levels. The park also provides ample space for dogs to simply run around and live the good dog life in this fenced-in off-leash park.
Please be sure your dog is current on all shots and vaccinations before visiting any dog park or public place. There is a small chance a park ranger may ask to see the dog’s vaccine records, so travel with these important papers. Even at the hotel, we may ask to see these records to ensure your dog and our guests’ safety.
Everyone you meet can teach you something, and with more than several hundred people employed at Rosen Inn International I’ve learned a few important things.
- Work doesn’t have to feel like work, which is why vacationing at our hotel is unique. Our workplace and coworkers make being at work feel like home away from home.
- Harris Rosen provides his employees with programs and incentives to stay active, making it fun and easy to stay fit, athletic, and healthy. When you see staff around the hotel, know that our general wellbeing helps us keep positive attitudes at work, which we share with you.
- Pizza can be healthy! (This lesson just might be our favorite.) Rosen’s Perfect Pizza, a low-fat and low-sodium pizza made with a honey whole wheat crust and zero grams of trans fat, makes your favorite food a not-so-guilty pleasure. Order one for you and your friends.
- Providing great customer service leads to happier guests and a happier workplace. Our outstanding service is what keeps guests coming back year after year and what keeps us at our jobs longer than at any other hotel. Our turnover rate is an unprecedented 12% while other major hotel chains have turnover rates close to 65%. We care about our guests and our jobs, and we want you to experience this during your stay.
- Diversity provides a great learning environment in the work place. Rosen employs people from all over the world, which allows everyone to learn different languages and about foreign countries and cultures.
Working with Rosen Inn International has taught me so much about the importance of overall wellness and how contagious it can be. Our employees are able to work in an uplifting atmosphere that encourages them to strive to make each guests’ stay unique and memorable.
One of the most common (and broken) resolution for the New Year is to exercise. Sometimes it’s hard to fit exercise into your daily routine, especially when you’re on vacation. But did you know that you can sneak in exercise everyday by doing things such as taking the stairs rather than the elevator, parking further away from the stores, or speed walk during your errands? A little bit goes a long way.
We understand that while you’re on vacation, exercising might be the last thing on your mind. Even with our wonderfully well-equipped fitness center on site, you’re probably looking to spend some time out and about. That’s okay. You’re going to get a great workout. Here’s why…
There are so many attractions on International Drive—all of which are easily accessible by just walking. There are about three miles worth of restaurants, shops, and attractions for you to explore during your stay. Even if you take the IRide Trolley part of the way, you’ll still get a good work out.
A day spent at a theme park also amounts to great exercise. On average, expect to get in 5 to 10 miles of walking at any theme park. Squeeze in more exercise while waiting in line or watching parades or street shows doing calf raises or stretches. If you’re a thrill seeker, you might be happy to know that roller-coasters actually help you burn calories. Our favorite rides may help tone the body as our muscles contract to grip the handrail, heart rates spike, and as we react to the twist and turns by contracting major muscle groups.
Now you know how to turn a vacation into a fit-cation, so enjoy a guilt-free vacation knowing you’re probably getting the best workout possible.
Food is, of course, a necessity and certainly amounts to a huge portion of your vacation budget. The solution to controlling this cost is to take advantage of the dining choices at Rosen Inn International. Our affordable meal options allow you to stay full and save money for the unique dining experiences and animated snacks at the theme parks.
Fountain View Café is by far our most popular option. Our all-you-can eat buffet is open for lunch and dinner and offers an extensive array of fresh, hot entrees and savory sides. Here you’re bound to find something for the whole gang. Budget-conscious families traveling with children 9 years of age or younger enjoy that their kids get to feast for free.
For quick meals on the go, head over to Lite Bite Mini-Market & Deli, our fully-stocked convenience store and marketplace. The market carries your basic snack items, sandwiches, and salads. You’ll also find hot entrees such as hot dogs, chicken tenders, and pizza.
It’s easy to maximize your meal plan and your vacation with Rosen Inn International’s dining options.