January is all about the new and improved, bringing many New Year’s resolutions, new beginnings, and fresh starts. This is the perfect time to make a list of places you have always wanted visit and things you have always wanted to do while on vacation. I bet there is still somewhere in Orlando you haven’t been or something you haven’t done, right? It’s a great idea to create a list for your next vacation and make those the first things you do. To get you started, take a look at these cool attractions in the Orlando area.
- Did you know we have our own natural springs in Central Florida? At Wekiwa Springs State Park there are fun activities for the whole family such as swimming, canoeing, and kayaking. If you love the outdoors, you’ll definitely want to add this to your list.
- Speaking of enjoying the great outdoors, why not take an airboat ride on Boggy Creek? You’ll feel like you’re flying as you speed along the Florida wetlands for an up close look at wildlife, including lots of alligators.
- If you really want to fly, visit Air Florida helicopter tours on I-Drive. There are a variety of routes that give you a bird’s eye view of the area, including theme parks, lakes, and even your hotel.
- Consider adding iFly to your list if you like adventure but want to stay indoors. Here all ages and skill levels have the chance to experience skydiving in an indoor wind tunnel.
There is lots more to do in Orlando but I hope these have given you an idea of fun activities to add to your New Year’s bucket list. What are you most looking forward to trying in 2018?
Mother’s day is around the corner and there really is no better time to make your way out to Orlando. This year, you have a variety of amazing treats for Mom, from new attractions to delicious Mother’s Day brunches. Read on for a quick rundown of our top picks for Mother’s Day.
First make sure you treat Mom to a great meal. Our sister properties, Rosen Shingle Creek, Rosen Centre, and Rosen Plaza all have amazing brunch menus planned exclusively with Mom in mind. Visit us at http://www.rosenhotels.com/our-hotels/ for more information about dining reservations.
Afterwards, Mom has her pick of brand new attractions at Universal Orlando Resort™, including Race Through New York Starring Jimmy Fallon at Universal Studios Florida™, or Universal’s Volcano Bay (opening May 25). Mom may also want to revisit some fan favorites like the Wizarding World of Harry Potter which spreads from Hogsmead at Universal’s Islands of Adventure™ to Diagon Alley at Universal Studios™. Maybe she’ll want to brave Skull Island: Reign of Kong at Islands of Adventure™!
It wouldn’t be a full list if we didn’t mention that International Drive is home to outlet malls, movie theaters, dinner shows, and various other attractions to suit the interests of any mom. Not to forget, it’s home to Rosen Inn International—the perfect place for Mom to take a well-deserved break.
Whatever you choose, don’t forget to let Mom know how much you love and appreciate her.
Happy Mother’s Day!
We’d love to see your Mother’s Day in Orlando adventures so make sure to stop by our Facebook page to share some of your favorite moments with Mom. Find us at https://www.facebook.com/roseninninternational/
With Father’s Day around the corner, we’ve been thinking about fun activities Dad would love, yet there are so many choices. What can we say? Dad’s Day in Orlando is really exciting, so who better to explain what to do than from the best source possible—my main man—Dad. Here’s a quick rundown of my father’s top three picks on International Drive.
1. For the active father, try iFLY Orlando. This amazing indoor skydiving experience lets you enjoy the thrill of free-falling in a wind tunnel. No parachute, plane, or skydiving experience needed.
2. For the chill father looking to stay cool and enjoy the summer sun, try Aquatica SeaWorld’s Waterpark. With more than 12 water rides and slides, Dad can dip, dive, float, or slide alongside dolphins. Soaking up the sun has never been so much fun.
3. For the detective father who enjoys a mental challenge, try America’s Escape Game. Choose one of five uniquely-themed rooms from which you have to escape—in an hour—using clues, puzzles, deductive reasoning, and team skills. Let Dad be the hero as he uncovers mysteries, hidden treasures, and saves the world from crisis!
There are dozens of more activities: midway rides, side-show attractions, dinner shows, and mini golf to name a few. If you and Dad still can’t make up your minds, ask the Guest Service Desk for an opinion. We’ll be happy to help.
Have an AMAZING Father’s Day!
Take the hand of your loved one and embark on an open horizon of warm sunsets and romantic escapes waiting for you both in Greater Orlando. The only question is, where are you going to capture the romance? Let’s give you a few starting points and we’ll leave the remainder of the evening for you to conjure and enjoy.
Dine & Delight
Lake Buena Vista/Walt Disney World® Resort Area: Citricos at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa
Celebration: Celebration Town Tavern on Front St.
International Drive: Harry’s Pool Side Bar & Grill at Rosen Centre
Downtown Orlando: Citrus Restaurant on Orange Ave.
Winter Park: Bosphorous Turkish Cuisine on Park Ave.
Entertainment to Swoon by
Lake Buena Vista/Walt Disney World® Resort Area: Rent a Surry bike at Disney’s Boardwalk Inn and Villas
Celebration: Celebration Farmer’s Market on Sycamore St.
International Drive: Club 39 at Rosen Plaza
Downtown Orlando: Dr. Phillips Performing Arts Center on Magnolia Ave.
Winter Park: The Wine Room on Park Ave.
To Make Lasting Memories
Lake Buena Vista (Walt Disney World® Resort Area): Fireworks display from the Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort
Celebration: Horse-drawn carriage ride on Front St.
International Drive: Couples’ Massage at The Spa at Rosen Centre
Downtown Orlando: Orlando Museum of Art on N. Mills Ave.
Winter Park: Date Night Movie at Harry P. Leu Gardens on N. Forest Ave.